Lee Valley: 70M07.01
These have all the advantages of a monocrystalline bench stone in a portable hone. Excellent for steel or carbide, they make ideal hones in the shop, kitchen or camp.
The working surface of the key-chain hone is 2-5/8″ x 1″ (5/32″ thick), the folding hone is 4-3/8″ x 7/8″ (3/16″ thick), and the file is 4-1/2″ x 3/4″ (1/16″ thick).
All will fit in the slot of chip-limitation router bits, but the file is best for saw tooth bits or other bits with restricted access teeth. 600x (fine) is good for knives and shears.
Lee Valley: 70M46.01
For all those who have despaired of sharpening knives the traditional way, this is an effective, low-skill alternative.
Using the arranged sets of four coarse wheels and two fine wheels, you only have to draw a knife through the V intersection of the ceramic stones to remove nicks in the blade (on the tan coarse wheels) or to hone it on the fine white wheels.
Better a simple two-stage system at hand than using a dull knife because there is no time to take it to the shop for the full treatment. At just under 8″ x 3″ and 1-1/4″ thick, it stores readily. High-impact plastic frame. Not for use with laminated knives.
Lucito & Kurtito – San Francisco – November 2016
* The “classic” commercial design
* Hot drop forged construction for high durability, strength and weight
* Carbon, no-stain steel is stain resistant
* Hand honed, precision cutting edge
* Triple riveted, classic design handles are durable, comfortable, and unbreakable.
* Full bolster provides weight and ensures safety
* Fully visible tang for proper balance
* Satin finished blade
* Lifetime warranty against defects in material and/or craftsmanship
2 sweet potatoes
1/8 cup crème fraîche
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp chipotles sauces Lucito
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Place potatoes pricking the potato with a fork allows steam to escape during the cooking process.
2. Put microwave oven. Place potatoes on large baking sheet the potato, bake until soft, 7 to 10 minutes.
3. Put wrapping in aluminium foil potatoes.
3. Meanwhile, combite maple, crème fraîche, chipotles sauces, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl. Whisp until smooth.
4. When potatoes are tender, remove from oven, slice in 1/5 skin. Bake their potatoes and then scoop out the interior, leaving the skin as a shell.
5. This mixture is then spooned back into the skin shells and they are replaced in the oven to warm through.
Lee Valley: 27W02.12
This rasp has been the subject of articles in The New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Los Angeles Times, The Globe and Mail (Toronto), and dozens of other newspapers. It can be seen regularly on TV cooking shows and is enthusiastically praised by leading chefs. For a tool that started life as a lowly wood rasp, this is high living.
Fame in the food world came about when a Lee Valley woodworker’s wife discovered that her husband’s new wood rasp would zest oranges. This discovery rapidly led to expanded uses such as zesting lemons, grating nuts and ginger, reducing a clove of garlic to near liquid in seconds, etc.
The single most spectacular and practical use was with hard cheese for use on pasta or in salads. Because it actually cuts the cheese into gossamer-thin shavings rather than grating it into small chunks, it is possible to use much less cheese for equivalent flavor impact when compared with grated cheese. Rasp is stainless steel, 12″ long.
All of this utility has been enhanced by our patented design of a stainless-steel base that makes the rasp easier to hold and also contains the zested material.
Rasp made in USA, zester holder made in Canada.
|Measures for Pans and Dishes|
|9 by 13 inches baking dish||22 by 33 centimeter baking dish|
|8 by 8 inches baking dish||20 by 20 centimeter baking dish|
|9 by 5 inches loaf pan (8 cups in capacity)||23 by 12 centimeter loaf pan (2 liters in capacity)|
|10 inch tart or cake pan||25 centimeter tart or cake pan|
|9 inch cake pan||22 centimeter cake pan|