Preparation Time: 3 1/2 hours
2 pounds minced beef
4 onions chopped
4 carrots chopped
4 celery chopped
3/4 pound mushrooms chopped
1 sweet green pepper chopped
1 sweet yellow pepper chopped
2 larges cans tomatoes crushes
1 larges cans tomatoes
2 cans concentated tomatoes pasted
2 oz double concentated tomatoes pasted
3 bay leaves
6 chile de arbol
2 tbs honey
4 tbs dried parsley
4 tbs dried sweet basil
4 tbs dried oregano
4 tbs dried thyme
2 tbs dried mustard
4 garlics minced fine
1/2 cup olive oil
1. Cooks meat & olives oil
2. Melt onions & garlic
3. Put ingredient in larges pot
4. Cook very low simmer open for 3-4 hours
Preparation Time: 1/2 hour
Number of Servings: 4
1 diced onion
2 tbs dried sweet basil
2 tbs dried chives
4 oz mushrooms sliced
4 eggs, lighty beaten
1 cups half and half
6 oz Smoked Atlantic Nova Salmon
3 oz Baby Swiss
3 oz sharp cheddar
3 oz extra shard cheddar
1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, salt, pepper, basil, chives, onion, salmon and cheese.
3. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
4. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted 1 inch from edge comes out clean. Allow quiche to sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Number of Servings: 12
½ cup of Brandy
2 cups of raisins, dry cranberries, dry blueberries, dry pineapple, dry mangos and dry apricots and dry and sweet ginger
4 small apples
1 cup of water
1 cup of walnuts
2 large eggs
1 spoon of honey
1 spoon of maple syrup
¾ cup of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups of flour, all purpose
1 ¼ teaspoons of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of nutmeg
½ teaspoon of ginger powder
2 spoons of Vanilla
1. In a container put all dry fruits in brandy.
2. Peel and cut apples and cook then in one cup of water with the cinnamon stick, let it cook until is ready to match to make an applesauce, let it cool.
3. In other container add the eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, walnuts and dry fruits.
4. In another container mix the dry ingredients, 2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 ¼ teaspoons of cinnamon, ½ teaspoon of nutmeg, ½ teaspoon of ginger powder.
5. Blend the other ingredients which have been sifted together in the container with the dry fruits and the rest of the ingredients.
6. Pour into greased and floured pans, preferably loaf pans.
7. Bake about 30 minutes at 375 degrees or until done.
Wines can be a fascinating subject and also a source of mystery and fear for those
who do not know much about the subject. For those who are looking for an introduction to the
interesting world of wines, and want to learn the basics of how to select wines and be familiar with
the subject we offer an intensive 3-4 hour course that will teach you what you need to know to have
a working knowledge of wines. The course consists of a theoretical part followed by a formal tasting
of 7 different wines.
Your teacher, Luc Paquin, has traveled the world as a wine and gourmet food consultant and buyer
for a variety of companies for more than 35 years. His vast knowledge on the subject makes him a
fountain of information and his informal style make the often daunting subject accessible to all.
Here are the basic things you will learn during this course.
” A brief history of wine
” How wine is made
” The different types of grapes
” The different types of wine
” The major wine regions of the world
” How to read a wine label
” How to taste wine
” Basic wine-food matches
” The order and temperature in serving wines
” Tasting of sparkling wine
” Tasting of white wine
” Tasting of rosé wine
” Tasting of red wine
We are ecologically conscious so we do not offer printed manuals with our courses and conferences.
Each student will receive a free USB memory with all the didactic material from the course plus some
interesting related information and some free software.